Why choose International Baccalaureate?
- Completing the Diploma will make you qualified for colleges and universities in Norway and in almost all other countries in the world.
- The IBDP is considered equivalent to vitnemål from studiespesialisering in the Norwegian educational system.
- English is the language of instruction, and except in other languages, all textbooks are written in English. All assignments and the final exams are also in English.
- All subjects contain components of student assignments during the two years of study that make up a part of the final grade.
- There are exams in all subjects in May in the second year of study. There are no exams after the first year.
- The IBDP will make you very well prepared for university studies, and will give you access to high quality universities all around the world.
- Click here to find subject descriptions in the course catalogue (PDF, 2 MB) (PDF, 687 kB)
Rules and regulations
- To apply for the IBDP you must have finished studiespesialisering Vg1 or have an education from schools in Norway or abroad that is considered equivalent to this.
- Applicants need to have a permanent address in Oppland.
- The IBDP is a rigorous program that requires motivation, effort, efficient time management and perseverance to complete with a good result.
- Oppland fylkeskommune covers all costs, including the exam fee.
- All student rights, e.g. student loans and scholarships, apply also for the IBDP – students
The IBDP mission
The mission of the IB Diploma Program at Gjøvik High School is to prepare young people to make positive contributions to an everchanging global society and technologically advanced world.
By promoting high standards and expectations, we aim to ensure that all students learn to their fullest potential. We are dedicated to fostering the knowledge, curiosity, language skills, critical thinking skills, the character necessary to meet the challenges of the future, and to inspiring our students to become ethical leaders and self-directed lifelong learners.
In so doing, we aim to contribute to the continuous improvement of the academic and pedagogical levels and social environment of the school as a whole.
How to apply